Treehouse Delights “baked bbq” beans are medicated with our THD Infused Sauce. If you don’t want to medicate your beans, use regular BBQ sauce instead. But this medicated BBQ sauce is super versatile, as you can use it on most any grilled food and instantly turn it into a cannabis edible.
BBQ Baked Beans Vegetarian/Vegan Variation
In the recipe below, omit the bacon and cook vegetables in 3 tablespoons oil instead. Substitute vegetable stock or water for the chicken stock, and stir in 2 teaspoons liquid smoke along with the BBQ sauce.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 10 mg THC per 1/2 cup serving IF you made your marijuana oil (use to make the THD BBQ Sauce which is in turn used to medicate this recipe) from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil.
- 1 pound dried white beans such as navy or great northern
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper large, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 bell pepper small, any color, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 cups Mary Jane’s BBQ sauce see recipe link above
- Put beans in a large container and cover with water plus another couple of inches. Stir in salt until it dissolves and let soak overnight at room temperature. Drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until fat has rendered and bacon starts crisping, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is beginning to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno, bell pepper and garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Transfer contents of pot to a large slow cooker. Add the drained beans, the chicken stock, and the BBQ sauce and stir to mix. Cook on high for about 6 to 8 hours or until beans or tender.
Dosing & Marijuana Oil