CANNABIS INFUSED FINGER COOKIES
Want to add a spooky treat to your Halloween spread that’ll get your guests stoned with sweetness? Try these creepy cannabis-infused cookies!
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 30 whole almonds (blanched) or almond slices
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and prepare 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Add food coloring to a small bowl. With a paintbrush, color one side of each almond and set to the side to dry.
- Grab your two eggs, and separate the white from the yolk from 1. Whisk together the egg yolk with the other egg, and your almond extract. Set your egg mixture to the side.
- With a mixer, beat your cannabis-infused butter (room temperature), powdered and granulated sugars until fluffy and completely combined.
- Add in egg mixture until fully combined.
- Beat in salt, and flour until fully combined. Divide your dough into two even pieces and place individually on plastic wrap. After flattening into a disc, wrap completely and chill in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled, divide into approximately 15 pieces and begin rolling your finger shapes. Be sure to make the fingers thinner than expected, as the dough does expand when baking.
- Pinch the dough near the top of the finger, and in the middle of the finger to form what looks like knuckles. Then score these areas lightly with a knife for the knuckle texture.
- Place your finger cookie dough pieces on the baking sheets.
- With another brush, paint each finger with the remaining egg white. Place a food-colored almond at the tip to serve as the ‘fingernail’.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- If your almond is having a hard time sticking to the cookie finger, add a dab of Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread.