- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce* Chambord
- ½ ounce 100% unsweetened cranberry juice (not sweetened or cranberry juice cocktail)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- Granulated sugar and additional grenadine, for the sugar rim (optional)
- 1 small dry ice cube, optional
- Prepare the rim: Place granulated sugar in a single layer on one plate. On another plate, add some grenadine. Spin the rim of the glass in the grenadine until it coats the entire rim. Then dip the glass rim into the plate with the sugar to coat it.
- Make the drink: Add the vodka, Chambord, unsweetened cranberry juice, lemon juice, and grenadine to a cocktail shaker. Add 2 handfuls regular ice cubes and shake until cold. Strain the drink into the prepared glass.
You’ll simply shake up the ingredients, strain it into a cocktail glass, and garnish with a chunk of dry ice! The way that the dry ice makes the smoke wisp into the air is the best party trick. Keep reading for more about the special ingredients and how to work with dry ice.
Working with dry ice for the Vampire’s Kiss cocktail
Where do you find dry ice, and how to handle it once you’ve got it at home? Here are a few tips for make the Vampire’s Kiss:
- Dry ice is available at most grocery stores. It’s sold in large blocks.
- Buy the dry ice 1 to 2 hours before you plan to serve. Dry ice does not last in the freezer, so you’ll need to use it as quick as possible. Once you get it home, place the plastic bag of dry ice in a cooler with the top off. Keep away from children and pets.
- Right before serving, drop the plastic bag on the ground to make large chunks. This is an easy way to break it up without touching it.
- With goggles and gloves, break it into small chunks with a screwdriver or ice pick. The ideal size is 1/2-inch to 1-inch chunks: heavy enough to sink in the drink but small enough to disappear after a few minutes.
- Wrap the chunks in a towel and place in a cooler with the top off until serving. Remember not to place it into the freezer!
Once you’ve done it once, it’s a breeze! Let us know what you think of the Vampire’s Kiss cocktail and if you try it with dry ice. It’s the best party trick!