🍲 Sunny’s Favorite Cannabis Cajun Grits in Gravy with Shrimp, Sausage & Chicken 🍲
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Cup1 Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Sliced Linguica
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. Canna butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Canna Leaves, for garnish
- Start by preparing the grits. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and milk to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and whisk in the grits. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the grits are thick and creamy.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and butter until melted and well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep the grits warm while you prepare the shrimp.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add green bell pepper, and garlic, Sliced Linguica, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the flour to the skillet and stir to combine. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add Chicken stir simmer 2 – 3 minutes
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over the warm grits. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!